Monday, March 30, 2009

Foreign Editions


One of the most interesting things about writing for Harlequin American is that really, nowhere else but North American and Canada are your books distributed in bookstores in other languages under the Harlequin American imprint. As I said in my March 12 interview, I'm out in Australia as a Mills & Boon Sexy author with Taming the Tabloid Heiress.

Two weeks ago today I had a box in my mailbox. Enclosed was the above title, which is the Japanese version of The Marriage Campaign. I love the cover, although I really can't read a word on it. I recognized the Japanese though, and enough that I think they put two Ls in my name. I've been out in Japan several times, mostly as a Special Edition. This time, I'm out under the Desire imprint. The cover is above. The art is totally different from the original United States release.


I find it fascinating to see how books in other countries are titled, published and distributed. Thanks to google translations, I got the above image from the harlequin.co.jp site and managed to learn it was a January 2009 release. Now only time will tell if the rest of the series gets translated and picked up as well. That would be fun.

I also got another book in the mail. The Christmas Date was also out in Australia and New Zealand as a Mills & Boon Sexy in December.
Last, the cover below is a release I had out in France. This is a two-in-one book and I'm out with good friend Patricia Kay. Neither she nor I knew about it until the book came out over a year ago. But I like it because again, the art is totally different.

Anyway, everyone have a great last two days of the month. It's awesome spring is finally here, and Apri is just moments away.










2 comments:

Megan Kelly said...

Michele, those are amazing covers. So beautiful. I guess they all look that way overseas, but it sure would make me pick up the book. Congratulations, and let's hope we all get similar surprise packages someday. :)

Danny said...

That Japanese cover is pretty cool. :D