Saturday, April 14, 2007

Crazy April!!


What a crazy month!! I'm exhausted, and April's not even half over!!

Taxes are always fun, then our daughter hurt her shoulder pretty bad, which has necessitated tons of doctor trips. In between that, both boys have had colds and sinus issues, meaning every time I try to work on my May 1st deadline, one kid or another is having trauma!!

Speaking of kids, they want their bathroom painted, but it turns out that the wallpaper already on the walls was applied to the drywall without any sort of primer. Meaning, with every micro inch that comes off, so does a chunk of drywall. Ugh.

Plan B is to apply plaster. Now, Trading Spaces is one of my fave shows, and Doug is all the time doing Venetian plaster techniques, but I don't think I'm going to get that fancy. Last night Son #2 and I picked up a jumbo tub of gunk (the thing weighs 48 lbs!!), that I'm hoping will be lovely by the time I'm done slapping it on. Stop laughing!! LOL!!!

Meanwhile, it is my solemn vow to hold a yard sale sometime before the end of the summer (stop laughing at that, too!! ). We've hauled junk from misc. places all over the house, but seeing how it's either rained or snowed every Saturday for the past few weeks, then next week I'm off to OKC with my fave friend and author, Margaret Daley, for the OKRWA meeting, then the weekend after that, I'm off to Ladies' Weekend at a friend's lake house, it looks like it'll be May before we finally have our sale. Double ugh as the stuff pile keeps gathering dust.

In fun news . . . I have a book out this month called THE RIGHT TWIN!! I love, love this story, though it was a nightmare to write, trying to keep all the names straight. If you enjoy movies like the The Parent Trap, then this is a good read for you!!

If you'd like a shot at winning an autographed copy, sign up for my mailing list at lauramariealtom.com.

Happy Saturday!! I'm off to plaster!!


Laura Marie ;-)










7 comments:

Christa said...

As a reader I highly recommend The Right Twin.
Marin, Ann, Laura I got Summer Lovin yesterday. Squeal. I have three other books scheduled to read before I get to that one. What an incetive to read.
I love Trading Spaces. It's amazing what a little paint, plaster and fabric can do to a room.
My sister and bil are planning a yard sale too. The bil just got a flat screen monitor so I get the other one. The screen is like twice as big as mine (they asked so they don't put out for the yard sale.)Only problem with it, because it isn't a flat screen, it's got a huge bum.
So since things are going good I think I'll fire off an email to Hamilton Beach and complain about the indoor grill I got less than a year ago. About a month after I got it, the # on the front were rubbing off, the little catch tray has a melt spot in it and slowly the teflon has been coming off. I have been careful to use the proper utensils on it. I really hate eating teflon.
Sending healing vibes to the Altom house.

Rox Delaney said...

Good luck with the bathroom AND the deadline!

Just thought I'd mention that Margaret's hubby is a distant cousin of mine. Is the world small or what?

Cathy McDavid said...

Wow, your month sounds a lot like mine!! Good luck with all your stuff.

This month's books all look great. Since I have twins (grin) I'm seeing a trip to the bookstore in my near future to pick up The Right Twin.

Cathy McDavid
www.cathymcdavid
"His Only Wife" Harlequin American 6/07

Laura Marie Altom said...

Hey Christa!!

You are such a sweetie to be so kind to my books!! Thanks!!

I'm jealous of your big TV!! Seeing how I've got a big bum, too, I think we'd still get along great!! LOL!! It was super nice of your family to give it to you.

That is nutty about your indoor grill breaking already. Hubby growled his way through working on the outdoor grill yesterday to no avail. We're buying a new one!

As for the bathroom, it turned out great, but is still drying--48 hours later!!

Laura Marie Altom said...

Hi Roxann!

That's wild that you and Margaret are related!! Lucky you!! I adore her!!

Thanks for your luck vibes--I need them!! ;-)

Laura Marie Altom said...

Hi Cathy!

Hugs to you if your month's been like mine!! Good luck to you, too!!

What kind of twins do you have? Mine are BAD twins, as they're refusing to get up for school!! I'm off to nag!! ;-)

Cathy McDavid said...

My twins are bad, too, Laura. They're teenagers! Boy and girl, 17 years old.

Actually, they're not to terrible. I'm pretty lucky, all things considered. I tell myself every day that in about three years I'm going to wake up and these really fine young adults will have taken the place of my kids.

Cathy McDavid
www.cathymcdavid
"His Only Wife" Harlequin American 6/07